Photos and thanks 31_08 to 06_09_2013
I have been away with work the last week, and half my thanks is to do with that. It was a really encouraging week which has given me a good start to my job. I was particularly thankful to see young people coming to faith. I am also thankful to God for:
- R getting a company car until we manage to move house
- My dad not piercing his lung when he fell onto a brick wall and cracked is ribs
- Time this weekend to go and see R’s family
- Winning a free book by Peter Rollin from Hodder Faith via facebook
- Dear friends not forgetting us and sending nice things in the post
I am hoping the book will be a real place of learning for me. It is called “The Idolatry Of God – Breaking the addiction to Certainty and Satisfaction” I am already on this journey, what with the difficulty of our house move – I have learnt to be content even through we have no clue what will happen or when. In the end I think life is a process of handing over ourselves to God, until all of it is truly his, the evidence being true contentment or peace, regardless of circumstance.
I managed to take a few photos while I was away, so they count as my photos of the day, and some of they beauty I saw, the rest being in the actions and words of the people I now work with and the young people I met this last week .